REHAB 2015 – 2nd International Conference on Preservation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Historic Buildings and Structures
REHAB 2015 – 2nd International Conference on Preservation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Historic Buildings and Structures aims to proceed with the discussion on built heritage and the preservation of its legacy, that was established in the first edition of the event. The importance of conservation of historical constructions (built landscape, urban fabrics, buildings, and engineering works) are of utmost importance to preserve the cultural references of a community and was deeply discussed on March 2014, in Tomar.
Under the main topics of discussion, subjects of preservation and rehabilitation methodologies and technologies, as well the importance of the economic and social impacts of preservation practices are here covered as the main leading guidelines for the conference debate.
Furthermore, different communities’ scales (local, regional national or even worldwide) and authenticity interpretation raise different questions and approaches, and therefore different solutions that are worthily to study, to compare and to experience.
The sustainability approach is again covered, highlighting the importance of the commitment between heritage preservation and technical requirements related to its occupancy and use, such as energy efficiency or materials recovery.
Inclusivity is also an important aspect to be discussed as public historical sites and buildings need to be adapted to receive different kind of visitors (children, elderly or handicapped persons) and to establish an adequacy with the perceiving of the physical environment and information contents.
As a Special Chapter, Historical Centres are brought into a particular approach highlighting the complexity of their preservation, maintenance and rehabilitation. Historical urban fabrics raise unique problems of preservation and promotion, and have highlighted the needs of specific solutions to be applied.
Authors intending to submit papers to REHAB 2015 are encouraged to address one of the topics of the Conference by providing evidence on past experience and ongoing research work.
Further, REHAB 2015 will welcome papers and presentations on field work, case studies and theoretical approaches to historical buildings preservation and conservation.
- CALL FOR PAPERS: SUSTAINABLE HOUSING 2016 - International Conference on Sustainable Housing Planning, Management and Sustainability
- GREEN LINES NEWSLETTER
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Heritage 2016 - 5th International Conference on Heritage and Sustainable Development
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Tourism 2016 - International Conference on Global Tourism and Sustainability
- GREEN LINES INSTITUTE OFFICIALLY DECLARED AS NGO
- II congreso internacional y IV nacional de construcción sostenible y soluciones eco-eficientes
- "Gestão Integrada de Museus - Uma contribuição para o seu estudo"
- Sharing Cultures 2015 - International Conference on Intangible Heritage
- 2nd Call for Papers Green Lines Conferences
- PUBLICATIONS 2016: BOOKS OF ABSTRACTS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
Back to previous page